Happy 4th of July fellow Usenet Posters
Knifefight Afterdance
2011-07-01 00:51:54 UTC
At this time, each and every year, we have the privilege of honoring
our great nation, The United States of America, on its birthday - July
4th.

It's a holiday for most working people, and when it comes on a weekend,
this holiday can be expanded (that's what I'm doing).

There are a lot of folks who post to these boards who HATE America. God
bless these ignorant idiots - you know who you are.

But for the people who love, honor, admire and respect The United
States of America, I say:

HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

NEVER BE ASHAMED OF WAVING THE FLAG.
thinbluemime
2011-07-02 14:44:19 UTC
,
Post by Knifefight Afterdance
this holiday can be expanded (that's what I'm doing).
There are a lot of folks who post to these boards who HATE America. Go=
Post by Knifefight Afterdance
bless these ignorant idiots - you know who you are.
But for the people who love, honor, admire and respect The United
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
NEVER BE ASHAMED OF WAVING THE FLAG.
While waving the flag and chugging a beer from the comfort of the over =

stuffed sofa sitting on the front porch of the moe-bile home, my toothle=
ss =

neighbor related an interesting bit of trivia. Here is what she said:

26 Percent Of Americans Don=E2=80=99t Know U.S. Declared Independence Fr=
om Great =

Britain. According to a new poll by Marist, more than a quarter of =

Americans couldn=E2=80=99t correctly identify the country from which the=
United =

States declared its independence. While 74 percent correctly named Great=
=

Britain, 20 percent said they weren=E2=80=99t sure and six percent named=
other =

countries. In the South, 32 percent of respondents either responded =

incorrectly or weren=E2=80=99t sure.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/07/01/259417/americans-dont-know-=
independence-from-great-britain/