Altas Shrugged (the movie)
needles
2011-04-30 21:25:18 UTC
So at long last the (1957) 1000 page Philosophical novel Atlas Shrugged by
Ayn Rand (1905-1982) is to become a movie (in three parts).
This book is no light weight summer reading material, however it does make
for an excellent door stop.
It was hoped that Angelina Jolie was to play the heroine Dagny Taggart but
the deal fell through.
Believe it or not, but the late Ayn Rand's choice for the role of Dagny
Taggart was Farrah Fawcett (1947-2009) of Charlie's Angels fame.
But because of the length of the book, the movie is to be made in three
parts, not as a serial or a mini-series but as a trilogy.
I do not think it will be along the lines of Star Wars meets Harry Potter,
but with the mind set of Hollywood today, who knows?
BetterNewsBaltimore
I bet it's almost as funny as any Pauly Shore movie!
Vandar
2011-05-01 16:51:34 UTC
Post by needles
So at long last the (1957) 1000 page Philosophical novel Atlas Shrugged by
Ayn Rand (1905-1982) is to become a movie (in three parts).
This book is no light weight summer reading material, however it does make
for an excellent door stop.
It was hoped that Angelina Jolie was to play the heroine Dagny Taggart but
the deal fell through.
Believe it or not, but the late Ayn Rand's choice for the role of Dagny
Taggart was Farrah Fawcett (1947-2009) of Charlie's Angels fame.
But because of the length of the book, the movie is to be made in three
parts, not as a serial or a mini-series but as a trilogy.
I do not think it will be along the lines of Star Wars meets Harry Potter,
but with the mind set of Hollywood today, who knows?
It's already out and has been a complete flop. Don't expect a part 2.